The Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct are fundamental to the values of SAMTRAC International and essential to achieving its aim of improving skills within the global occupational HSE industry. These codes and standards are integral in promoting the integrity of SAMTRAC International's current and past students, along with its accreditation bodies. All SAMTRAC International students are encouraged to comply with the code and standards and should notify their employer of this responsibility.
SAMTRAC International students should:
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients, employers, employees and colleagues in the HSE profession.
- Place the integrity of the HSE profession and the interests of colleagues, contractors, clients and all other site visitors above their own personal agendas.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgement when conducting all functions around HSE management systems.
- Practice and encourage others to practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on themselves and the HSE profession.
- Promote the integrity of and uphold the rules governing HSE in the workplace, particularly with respect to local legislation, and international best practice.
- Maintain and improve their professional competence and strive to maintain and improve the competence of other HSE professionals.